A lot about a farmers market is old-school. Based on most people’s eating habits the mere idea of buying raw ingredients and cooking from scratch is all too rare. To many, cooking dinner is opening a jar of sauce that someone else made and serving it over pasta someone else made. We don’t expect to, nor are we trying to, convince everyone to make everything completely from scratch but we hope to at least make people conscious of the difference. This is the spirit of planning winter food demos with a bit of a party also.
- The Market has widened aisles and the space between vendors to better enable social distancing. Vendors are required to wear masks or a cloth face covering. Food demos and sampling are not being offered.
- We ask that customers stay home and not return until they are free of fever for at least 72 hours without fever-reducing medication and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) and, at least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
- We encourage shoppers to prioritize only essential food purchasing and discontinue social gatherings.
- We encourage shoppers to send only one member from each household to the market in order to curtail crowds.
- We encourage shoppers to practice the recommended 6’ social distancing from one another while at the market.
- Please refrain from touching any products, rather allow the vendor to select and bag products you wish to purchase.
- Please wash your hands frequently. Follow CDC recommendations for doing so. We have hand sanitizer, paper towels, gloves, and masks available for your use.
- Please leave your reusable bags and materials in the car at this time. The vendors will use only new plastic bags for your purchases.
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering per CDC guidelines.
When possible, order directly from farmers and vendors for delivery or pick-up.
Saturday, September 11: 11am to 1pm (Healthy Aging sponsored by Dedicated Care)
Saturday, October 9: 11am to 1pm (Season Finale)
Volunteer at the Market
Saturday, September 18, 9am to 12pm
Saturday, October 16, 9am to 12pm
This is a great opportunity for groups, organizations, and youth to get community service hours and give back!
If you have any questions, please call 216-640-0342 or email email@example.com.